Fruits SDGs Station is the shopping website owned by Fruits World Foundation PTE. LTD. Fruits World Foundation PTE. LTD. (collectively “we”, the “Company”) respect the privacy rights of visitors to the Company’s shopping website and mobile apps and of individuals who participate in or sign up to any of the Company’s services, activities or online content (collectively referred to as “Services”).We endeavor to ensure that all our collection, transmission, processing and usage in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”).
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data collected from you may be used by the Company for:
- identifying you and any accounts you maintain with us
- enabling us to provide the Services to you
- verifying your identity and/or conducting credit checks
- processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services
- order processing, billing and fulfilment
- processing applications or renewal applications for our business partners’ products and services, including without limitation insurance, on your behalf
- processing insurance claims for our business partners’ products and services, on your behalf
- enabling us to store your personal data so you do not have to re-enter it each time you purchase a product or renew an insurance product
- direct marketing of the Services
- direct marketing of the products and services of the Company’s business partners
- designing services for you
- conducting marketing research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis
- conducting website browsing survey and analysis
- conducting analysis on customer data and your purchase preferences
- making suggestions and recommendations to you of our Services or goods or services that you may be of interest
- designing the Company’s website and its content to accommodate your particular preferences
- provision of customer services
- handling your complaints and account enquiries
- taking precautionary and prevention measure against fraud
- making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
- any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Types of personal data collected by the Company may include:
- your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address and/or billing address;
- your business information such as company name and business title;
- your account details;
- your personal interest;
- IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device; and
- telephone numbers and email addresses contained in your phone book, when you choose to participate in interactive features of our service. We will inform you when you accept our service and by providing that data to us you acknowledge that you have obtained consent from those individuals in the phone books.
CONFIDENTIALITY, DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The Company will not use your personal information and contact information for gain without your written consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, except where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose or a directly related purpose for which the personal data were collected. Such data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Singapore ):
- competent court of law, law enforcement agencies or other governmental or regulatory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- the Company’s associated companies, sellers or contractors, agents or other service provider involved in the sale and marketing or administration or provision of the goods/services;
- the Company’s business partners including without limitation insurance companies who assess and/or process insurance applications, renewal applications, insurance claims and settlements, provide insurance services for you and/or handle enquiries or complaints;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company, including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants or lawyers which have undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
- banks, financial institutions or insurance companies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the website, by you will be regarded as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We are entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including but not limited to providing such information to any associated company for the purposes of the development and marketing of services and meeting with customer needs.
The Company shall use all reasonable efforts to ensure that all personal data held by the Company is stored in a reliable, secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of data transmission.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE Singapore
In the event of any operation needs, the Company may transfer the personal data to places outside the Singapore Special Administrative Region for carrying out the original purposes or the directly related purposes for which the personal data were collected. All transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with and subject to the requirements of the PDPO.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the original purpose or the directly related purposes for which the personal data were originally collected.
The Company intends to use the personal data collected from you in direct marketing and the Company requires your consent for that purpose. Your name, telephone number, email address, contact address, social media contact, products and service portfolio information, transaction pattern and behavior, browsing records, program viewing habits, and personal interest held by the Company may be used by the Company in direct marketing of the Services and the following classes of products or services offered by the Company’s business partners or the registered merchants of FRUITS, including food and beverage, health supplements, clothing, daily commodities, household, lifestyle, sports, media and entertainment, etc. which you may be of interest.
We may contact you by mail, telephone, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email, etc. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or the unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data without charge to you.
- recognise you whenever you browse this website and mobile apps
- obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behavior, online movements and use of the Internet
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
- enable tighter security
DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTION
To : Fruits World Foundation PTE. LTD.
65 Ubi Road 1,#03-54 Oxley BizHub, Singapore, 408729
Attention To : Personal Data Officer
The Company reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted by the PDPO.
Last Updated : February 1, 2022